Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sept 14, 2009

Hey everyone,
So I have to write on this email because our other one isn't working, but make sure you write me back on my other email. Anyways this week was slower than usual, but the lessons we had went really well! We have a lot of investigators, but getting them to progress is definitely been hard lately. Our chinese investigators are just starting to learn about God so they just don't see the importance of church attendance yet, and one family we are teaching is still in the curiosity stage. It's all good though. So on Friday I was waiting to get my MRI and there was this man in the waiting room and he asked me about my nametag and so I told him I was a missionary and we started talking and he told me about his ENTIRE life and he's like 80 so there was much to tell. And then he said how he grew up catholic and still goes to mass every week and he said his kids are all different religions now but they all started from roman catholic pretty much and then he said"I don't know about that smith guy...seems like he's pretty holy though" so I shared with him the background of Joseph Smith and then the first vision and he really enjoyed it but then I got called in to the admissions room, like one of the cubicles, so I couldn't continue talking to him. Well luckily he got called in to the cubicle next to me and when the lady asked him what his address was, I could hear him and I wrote it fown! So we are going to "tract" into him this week and it's going to be great. Anyways I better get going we have to get some other stuff done today but I love you all and thanks for your emails! I'll write more this next week.
Love you,
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment