Saturday, July 3, 2010

Oct 5, 2009

Hey everyone!
Did everyone like General conference? I loved it!! Wow there were some seriously amazing talks... I learned so much. We're so lucky to have the fulness of the gospel and to have a prophet of God to guide us so we aren't wandering in "strange paths." Elder Holland's talk was simply amazing. He has so much conviction and power in his voice and you just can't listen to him and deny the church is true...it's just impossible. I guess he came here a couple years ago to set apart President Prier and President Prier's niece isn't a member and she came to the setting apart and Elder Holland was like, "Do you want to be baptized? Cause I'll baptize you right now. I got all the white clothes I need outside in my car. I'll baptize you right now." haha I guess even an apostle cant convince anyone to be baptized. So transfers.....well I am staying here!!!!!!!! I was set that I was leaving, I even packed a few things up. But I am soo stoked to be staying. The work is progressing so well here and I just love the ward. And my new companion is Sister Ireland. We were able to get to know eachother a little bit because we trained together so we spent the night at the president's hosue together and spent the next day in houston in a training meeting. She is so cool and such a hard worker. President seemed really excited about it. He said he took this decision specifically to the Temple and he felt very sure about it. he just thinks this one is perfect and he said he thinks her and I will be friends for life. I am really looking forward to it. Sister Sorensen is going to Tomball and Sister Lieber is going down to Katy now. Today we are actually doing something for P-day! I never feel like going anywhere, but Sister Sorensen and Sister Lieber want to go to the George Bush library before they leave so we are gonna check it out. It's suppose to be pretty amazing. So we had an appointment but when we got there, th

No comments:

Post a Comment