Saturday, July 3, 2010

Jan 4,2010

Hey ya'll! How is the new year treating everyone? We had a really good Mission Conference on New Year's Day and it was soo good! It just motivated me to do my very very best for the rest of my time here! Sister Ireland and I have a new companion and she got here 2 days before the mission conference and since College Station is so far from Houston, we just stayed there for Wednesday to Friday. It was fun, but it was killing Sister Ireland and me to be out of our area and not proselyting for 3 days. the holidays are so great but I am very glad they are over and we can get back to work. I have another 6 weeks in College Station! I am blessed this is true...but I'm out of here after this transfer. 10 1/2 months here though I think I can count myself lucky. Not sure where I will be going. There's an odd amount of English and an odd amount of Spanish so I think they are going to bring a spanish sister and an English sister together and open a new area. I asked Elder Hiatt an AP about it and he asked me if I would go spanish!! I was like no! I don't even know it! I've only take 2 years in HS and a semester in college! I really hope he was kidding cause that would just throw me in a whole different direction, but he didn't seem like he was kidding. But I have some really really cool news!! and It won't sound as cool over email, but that's okay. So Wednesday night we were at President's house and Sister Ireland, Mullins and I were the only ones home and we were just talkin with President about teh work and I said President, what do you think about bringing a companionship of Mandarin speaking missionaries? and he said to college station? and I said yes!! We have so many chinese investigators and we only have so much we can do without knowing their language. They are all soo eager to learn about God and I really think there could be a branch started by the end of 2010 if there was a companionship of mandarin speaking missionaries up there to fully focus on the Chinese. and He told me they thought about bringing mandarin missionaries up a year ago but there just wasn't enough to keep them busy and he asked us how many chinese people we were teaching and so we listed them off and counted them and we didn't even realize it but we have 10(make it 11 now we just found a new one) chinese investigators!! Definitely enough to keep them busy! And he said wow 10?! and he said he thinks it would be a very good Idea to get some up there so he's going to talk to the Houston South mission and see about making college station one of their areas and pulling a couple up here in the next couple months! The other thing he might do is just request 4 mandarin speaking missionaries, but they thing about that is they'd only have like 2 companions their entire mission! Sister Ireland and I were like they'd have to REALLLY like eachother..too bad we don't speak chinese cause we love eachother!! Anyways so I will hear more in the next couple weeks hopefull and I'll keep you updated!! Pray for this to happen!! And also for China to open!! Anyways I love you guys so much!! Always seek first the Kingdom of God and everything else will be added upon.
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment