Saturday, July 3, 2010

Feb 1, 2010

Hey Everyone! This week was amazing we had a record amount of lessons taught which really was strange because we still had a lot of time to tract! So a little reminder to do your member missionary work story... so last weeek in PEC we were talking about youth who had friends who might be ready to learn more and they started talking about this kid who comes with a member every wednesday to mutual and they talked about him for awhile but then they decided hmm...maybe he's not ready quite yet. well okay fast forward 3 days to wednesday. We were going to go tracting so we prayed for a street and Sister Mullins said okay Normand Circle and after her last amazing experience we knoe better than to question her judgement so we go to the street and start tracting and about the 5th house a kid answered and we did our door approach ad asked him if he'd like to learn more and he's like yeah I would...so we were like okay cool and we taught him the first lesson on the doorstep and then asked him if he knew about the BOM and he said oh yeah I have one1 My friend gave me one a few weeks ago...we were like what? who is your friend and when he said his name and it was the member they were talking about at PEC who brings a friend every week to mutual and it was so amazing because they decided not to give him as a referral but obviously the Lord had different plans for him and so through different means we were able to find him and star teaching him! So don't be scared to refer your friends...they might be waiting for you to ask them! So transfers calls are this Saturday and I've known since last week I was leaving so it's been killer knowing I'm leaving and having no clue where I am going!! All I know is I'm not training this next transfer and that I am either going to Tomball, Katy or Montgomery or opening a new area. So I'll let you know next week. I'm so sad to be leaving College Station and Sister Ireland though it really is going to be tough. I am excited to see a new area and meet the challenges that lie in wait for me. Mom the kitchen looks awesome I love it! and Lynds, Tailee looks adorable! So cute...expecially her cute curly hair. Well I hope yall are doing so good and if you guys are sending any packages or letters right now, (I won't hold my breath though don't worry) just send them to the mission office not my CS address! Love yall
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment