Saturday, July 3, 2010

June 21, 2010

This week was eventful with transfers and all. So I'm in my new area now and I am already loving at it a ton! My new companion is Sister Schlauder and she's so awesome I really like her and she's going to be a great companion and missionary. She's from Las Vegas and she knows the only person I even know in Las vegas! He and her were next door neighbors so how about that for coincidence. We have only been together since Thursday and so we have been trying to get a feel for this new area and we are covering two wards so we are all sorts of confused as to who is in what ward ha but it's fun and we have a lot of work planned for this week so it's going to be really good I know it. We have a couple solid investigators. One is Richard and he is 78 and he knows it's true but he was a sniper in the vietnam war and he killed 106 people and he feels terrible about it and he said he needs to know that God forgives him before he can get baptized. So we are working on helping him gain a testimony of the Atonement. He's really great though. And the other really great one is James and he actually had a baptismal date but just a couple days before it was to happen, his wife freaked out on him and he had to cancel it. He said to us a few nights ago though that he knows this is the true church and he needs to put God first so one way or another he said he's getting baptized in the next 2 weeks. I really hope we can help his wife's heart be softened because I would hate for the Gospel to cause their marriage to be broken up since one of our central doctrines is eternal families.
Everything else is so good! Rachel, the investigator in Katy that the pest control guy found, met my companion and me and the Temple on Saturday and we had a lesson there with her and showed her around the grounds. It's so nice being so close to the Temple I really love that. I just really love my area and my companion and that I am still in a half bike area. Saturday was Sister Schlauder's first day on the bike! It was 100 out with a lot of humidity. Needless to say she wasn't really having it. She's a trooper though and I really love her a lot. She's got a very strong testimony and for coming right out of the MTC she's a master teacher. Well that's all really for now I'm sure I'll have more to write next week! Love yall bye
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment