Saturday, July 3, 2010

April 5, 2010

So how about conference huh?! Wow that was so incredible!! Gosh I always hate when it is over. I remember the days when I used to be excited for conference because that meant that I got to stay in my pajamas all day sunday and sleep. Now I seriously am soo stinking excited to hear what the prophet and apostles and other church leaders had to say to us to prick our hearts to repentance. What marvelous advice they gave us! In the Book of Jarom it talks about how the prophets and teachers labored with all long suffering to teach us diligently and that as we listen to their words we are promised we won't be destroyed off the face of the earth because they prick our hearts continually to repentance. (Jarom 1:11-12 I think) How true that is and it goes along with what Elder McMullin said that the Lord always promises to preserve his people and that we must take comfort in that. Now more than ever we need to listen to the words from conference. To teach our children in the home and make them firm in their faith and in their way of righteousness and also to strengthen our personal revelation. How often the Lord freely gives us our answers or a prompting but we aren't tuned in to his way of thinking, but the world's, and then we miss it. I know that all these talks were given for our individual benefit and like Uchtdorf said, every principle in the gospel is given to help us reach perfection. It's so awesome that we have direct revelation to our Father in Heaven and we can get answers to all of our difficult daily problems any time we want! It's like the quote, "Why worry when you can pray" or "There is no problem on Earth that Heaven cannot fix." It's true I know it is and it's not because Mom and Dad taught me it growing up. Trust me if I knew it back then I wouldn't have made all the mistakes I have, but I know it because I have questioned it and besought my Heavenly Father to know the answers to my questions and he always answers us. I always find strength in the teaching that Christ gives when he said which of you if your child asks for a fish would give them a stone? and then he says if you being evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more is your Father in Heaven willing to give good gifts to those that asketh? I don't know I just love it so much because I think of Dad and how much he loves all of us and he's ready to give us anything and do anything for us. Well think about our Father in Heaven being perfect, he's even more ready to give us what we need when we ask him for it and discuss it with him. Anyways as you can tell I really loved conference:) Wow I really went off on this email they haven't been this long since the MTC I don't think haha. But that's alright I wanted to share that with yall. So our investigators are all doing so good! And one of our less actives, he came to church a few weeks back but we can seem to get him since. anyways his grandson is recently divorced and wants to take the lessons!! So we are teaching him tonight and Curtis'. It's gonna be awesome hopefully it will get Curtis back to church as well. Being a missionary is so cool. I love it a lot. Oh and Saturday night the spanish hermanas and us bought Chili's(thanks to Lyndsay) and ice cream and sat in the mother's lounge and listened to the priesthood session. it was by far the most rebellious thing I have done on my mission! It was really good though I am glad we listened to it. I loved loved loved the talk on patience. I need help with patience...pretty much in every aspect of my life. Well hope this week goes well for everyone I miss you and love you much!
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment