Saturday, July 3, 2010

April 12, 2010

This week went super fast and it was such a great week! We were really busy and had a lot of amazing experiences. I'll share one with you. So we had about 45 minutes before our appointment and so we decided to go tracting and my last greenie sister mullins was soo good at praying about streets and listening to where we should go and it rarely worked with sister ireland and I when we would try! So anyways we prayed and nothing came so we decided to go try this one potential and as we were driving I really felt like we should tract in the area around Andy's house, who is another investigator. So I looked at our map that we use to highlight the streets after we tract them and there wasn't too many that hadn't been tracted but there was one called Village Ct. So we decided to tract it and we started on one side of the street with no luck and then we started the other side and the third house a guy answered and said he was babysitting his sisters but his mom would be back around 7 or so and she'd probably like to talk to us. Well we were going on splits that night with a couple girls that just got off their missions so one girl and I went back to the house and the mom and the kids were about to leave but she asked us what we were teaching and I told her about our message and her eyes lit up as I told her that we had a prophet and twelve apostles today that help lead the church and she said they were super interested and we set up an appointment to teach her and her 7 kids and one of her kids girlfriends!! It was soo neat to see how the Lord prepares people and how he leads you to them if you only ask and are willing to work for the answer. I loved it it was awesome. We also had zone conference which was really good. President Hansen is such an inspired man it's wonderful to hear what him and his wife have every zone conference to share with us. It was on repentance and we practice taught eachother. Today we are going to the Bluebell Factory which is really really delicious ice cream, but the factory is actually pretty lame. All you can see is metal pipes with ice cream coming out really fast. But it should be pretty fun anyways. I think mom is already gone for china is that right? Well I hope she gets this and I hope everyone else is doing super good! I'm gonna try and send pictures with this! Anyways love you all very much!
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment