Saturday, July 3, 2010

May 17, 2010

This past week was amazing! Seriously it was such an awesome week! We were super busy and we were able to see so many people and meet so many new people and we had to new investigators at church! We taught 34 lessons! I haven't taught that many since College Station. It's amazing how much more you can get done having three of you instead of 2. We just did a lot of splits and so we were able to see like twice as many people! The youth in the Katy stake did this Cumorah's Hill performance and it was fantastic! It was so good and there were a ton of non members there. They had 3 shows and we went to all of them and we were able to meet a lot of new people and we gave away 10 copies of the Book of Mormon. The spirit was just so strong it was incredible. It was youth 12-18 and they sounded wonderful. Andy, an investigator came last night and we were talking when it was over and he was like, " I am so impressed. I'm overwhelmed. They sounded professional. That was just outstanding I'm speechless." And we have been teaching him since last July and he knows it's true I think he's holding back cause he just wants to know everything. I asked him to go home and pray about the Book of Mormon. He said he has so many times. I told him that maybe tonight he got his answer. He was quiet for a few seconds and he said You know what, maybe I did. It was awesome!
So this lessactive family we tracted into when I first got here, the songster's, they are doing sooo awesome! Don't ever miss a week of church, starting temple prep classes, always bear their testimonies and they both just got callings! It's so cool. Anyways we were over there last tuesday and I had just read a scripture and Christina was looking at my scriptures and thumbing through them and she's like, "I love your scriptures. I really want these. I want ones like this that have it all in there." Okay well rewind to Christmas. All the sisters had a zone conference and Sister Lieber went up to President Cue's wife and told her how beautiful her necklace was. Sister Cue immediately took it off and said Thank you, here, it's yours! Sis Lieber was soo surprised and I couldn't believe how selfless she was. So I've thought about that since then and wanted to be like her and right when Christina was telling me how much she wanted ones like these(and knowing they couldn't afford any) I said, Here you go. Take them, they're yours! Inside I was like What am I doing! I have learned soo much on my mission and I have marked up thsoe scriptures every where with all the insights that came to me. But I know I needed to do that for her AND for me. There's a quote that says, "Sacrifice is the only acceptable form of Gratitude." I feel that Heavenly Father knows how grateful I am for the scriptures and my testimony has already been deepened by the sacrifice. Okay well then the next day I realized it's pretty hard to get by just reading out of the Book of Mormons we give away. I called up a member in our ward and asked her if when she went to the Temple that next day, if she could get me a new set and I'd just pay her when I got them. I have like not very much for the rest of the month so I didn't really know how it was going to work, but I felt that it would. Well when she brought them to me she said when I was buying these, there was a man in there that heard the situation and what you had done, and he bought them for you! I couldn't believe it! He didn't even know me and yet he bought them for me, The tender mercies of the Lord are all around us it's so incredible. Well I'm gonna end this but I love yall and miss ya!
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment