Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nov 30, 2009

Hey Everyone...no letters again today. Apparently I wasn't too missed at Thanksgiving! Anyways this week went really well!! We are super busy and it's a little bit exhausting but we really like it at the same time. We found 3 new investigators this week and they are all pretty solid! 2 of the investigators were referrals from this investigator we visit every week who loves our church but doesn't plan on joining because she likes the social aspect of the other one but she really wanted us to visit this couple that swing dances with her. They are such a great couple and they are from Beijing. He is a physics professor here and we taught the restoration and the plan of salvation last night and he understood all of it and he had really great questions and it was such an amazing lesson and the spirit was so strong. His wife doesn't understand English very well, but she still teared up twice in the lesson because she felt the spirit. When we told about Joseph's First Vision and about families being sealed for eternity. He said we answered questions that he has had for years. He's really excited to read the Book of Mormon and we're going back in a few days. Another investigator is Adonia and her sister joined the church recently and Adonia really wants to learn more because she has seen such a change in her sister and her sister's family since they joined. Her sister has sent her a bunch of the pamphlets and right when we got there she's like, "I need a book of mormon!" and so we gave her one and then at the end of the lesson we read Moroni's promise to her and she said, "Yeah...I've read this before I think it's in one of the pamphlets I have and every time I read it it's like a light just turned on in my mind but I could never do anything about it because I didn't have a Book of Mormon!" She accepts everything so well and I know she will be baptized. Two of our other investigators are June and Kevin and they are from Chengdu province in China and they are mother and son. We started going over there to help Kevin who is 10 with his homework and then we would teach them a lesson. This time we taught the restoration and when we told them about prophets they were sooo thrilled! They were like "You mean, today! We have a prophet?! Where is he? what's he look like!? Oh I want to meet him!!" and then Kevin a few seconds later was like..."Oh!! I'm so excited! No one ever told us there was a prophet today." It was such an amazing lesson. We just had so many great lessons this week! And out Thanksgiving was soo cool...We went to a member's home and She's from Idaho Falls but he is from Sri Lanka and he joined the church last year after having a dream he was suppose to go to Idaho state...and he was hindu. Anyways we had dinner with them, their indian friends from india, a girl from Turkey and Paishan from China! We had a hindu a muslim a presbyterian and mormons. It was just really special. Sarafina committed to be baptized!! I think that was this week so I don't think I've written about it yet. Not sure though everything blends together. But She is going to be baptized on December 12th! She's so excited and she can really recognize the spirit. At the end of a lesson she said, "I don't want the spirit to leave me again." She can see it leave as we leave and she's so looking forward to having the companionship of the spirit in a couple weeks. Well I had better end this but I love all you guys!! Even if you don't ever write me:)
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment