Saturday, July 3, 2010

March 22, 2010

This week was awesome! I hate when I email because I never can remember what even happened this week! The whole last year seems like a blur. We did have a good week I know that. We went to the Temple on Thursday so that was the best I just loved it! And the ward up in College Station is pretty much Zion and like half the ward works in the Temple so I was able to see some of them! I feel like I have been gone for so long but it's actually only been 6 weeks! So a couple weeks back we went and contacted this less active girl named becca and she's like 25 or so. Anyways surprisingly she let us in and we had a great talk and she's super fun and artsy. A little too artsy she likes to draw pictures of naked women. It was a little odd but that's her style I guess I donno. Anyways so just a few days ago like on Friday she called us and left a message and asked us if we would come over and visit with her and just talk! Okay...that never happens to us haha usually it's us calling people over and over again until we just have to show up! So that was awesome and we went over yesterday after church with the primary president who use to be her Visiting Teacher. And it was a great great talk! She said I'm not ready to think abotu going to church but I am ready to have God back in my life...And then she asked us to stay for dinner and we didn't have a dinner appointment so we did and we cooked with her it was really fun. So I know with a little bit of time she will come to church again. Oh and guess what?! So our members really don't like that we are on bikes..haha I love being on a bike and I told president that he might get some calls from our members complaining about us being on bikes but not to worry cause I like it. Well 2 days later Brother campbell from the ward called president and told him his thoughts and said I've been saving to buy a car but I will send it to you and you can buy them a car! haha President was like no no we will take car of it. Needless to say we are getting a car tomorrow at transfers. I still want to bike a lot though but it will help for at nighttime. Speaking of transfers my companion is going to Tomball and Sister Smith is going to be my new companion. This is only her 2nd transfer so it was be fun I'm really excited. We have a lot of work going on here and I just love being a missionary more and more every day. Seriously I don't know what it's gonna be like when I get home but I know it won't be as good as life right now so I just want to soak it up the most I can. So dad...try and refrain from talking about when I get home :) Anyways I hope yall are doing good it sounds like everyone is! Oh Randy one of the spanish hermanas out here her brother served in Czech Republic pretty much the exact time you did so I have been meaning to ask you if you knew an Elder HAstings? Anyways have a wonderful week I love you!
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment