Monday, June 1, 2009

Missionary work is awesome!







Hey Everyone! Don't have a lot of time today but Bobby is getting baptized on Saturday so that's totally exciting! He's so ready and his testimony is just blossoming it's inredible...definitely what you'd call a golden contact. So that's awesome and we met a few people this week tracting that we are going to be teaching this week! One is a muslim and he's like I would love to learn more, you see I'm muslim but we think mormons are the closest religion to us and he has to professors that were mormon that he just thought were the greatest...so we're teaching him on friday and then a guy we talked to as we were walking to walmart his name is Vernon. It's so cool how the spirit works. We just have to be willing to share the message and heavenly father will help soften the hearts of those we ask. It's so cool I love it! So President Hansen came here for a baptismal interview on Wednesday and Sister Liebr needed to talk to him so she called him not knowing he was going to be here and so we were able to go to the church and she talked to him and then afterwards he took me and her to lunch! He's so awesome...and then he told us we were staying together and getting a car and that was way before transfer calls. He's like I don't know why I keep doing this...no I'm doing this because the spirit prompted me to, and then he told us. So that was exciting...I love College Station and our ward members are so awesome and so helpful I love it! Mom Diane, Bobby's wife, the guy getting baptized Saturday, is trying to find you on facebook haha she wants to talk to you about adoption. So find ehr if she hasn't found you. Her name is Diane Franks in College Station. Everything else is great here loving every day. Elder Beck just got made AP so that's awesome I'm gonna miss that kid though he's way cool. And elder Olive is going to the Woodlands. Well I am gonna end this but I am going to try and attach some pictures! Love you all so much!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sis Davis!
    You don't know me but I was able to be part of your mom's conversion 30 plus years ago in Omaha your letter makes me so happy I am just setting here crying I am so thrilled you are serving and sharing the gospel I hope to meet you one of these days. Paula Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just a quick note from Dianne (Bobby's wife). Thank you so much for sharing your daughter with us! She and Sister Lieber have been such a blessing in our lives. The gospel ROCKS! The ripple effect of just one missionary can reach so many...
    Much love to your whole family and We will keep checking back as her mission continues!
    ~Dianne Franks

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to put this on a blog... looks great!!

    ReplyDelete