Monday, June 1, 2009

letter from Houston!

Hey ya'll....k just kidding I don't talk like that yet. How is everyone doing?? I got your email dad and lyndsay sounds like things are going great. Well any guesses on where I am?....... I'm in College Station and I'm on a bike! Just what I wanted...haha although I could have done without the bike and it's only gonna get worse cause it's not even very hot yet I guess. It feels really hott but everyone says it's perfect right now. So yeah I'm here and my companion is Sister Lieber and she's from Bountiful Utah and totally knows the Farr's she went to school with Rachael. She's really nice and a really awesome trainer! So these last few days have been really great. On Saturday we were contacting a potential investigator and she wasn't home so we were walking back to our bikes and I saw a man who was getting out of his truck and I really felt like I should talk to him but I'm like no! can't do that he's just getting out of his car I don't want to bother him. But I went up to him and told him that we have a message for him and told him a little bit about our message and asked him if we could set up a time to share more with him and he said yes I'd really like that! He said I really need to get back in to church I need this in my life! And I gave him a Book of Mormon and asked him to read out of it and to pray about it and he said he would and we're going back tomorrow night and teaching his wife and him. I'm really excited he seems very interested. And then we taught an investigator a lesson and as we were leaving her apt complex there was a lady in her 20's walking to her apt with her two boys and I asked her if we could share a message with her and she said well how long will it take cause i'm cookin and so we taught her as she was cooking the first lesson. She understood everything and it made so much sense to her. She said I get so confused because there's so many religions and so we taught her about joseph smith and how we can do as Joseph Smith did and pray to know the things we desire. So we made another appt to teach her and her husband tomorrow afternoon and we asked her to read out of the Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 11 and to pray about it so she could know for herself and she said she would. She's really great and her boys are so dang cute! And then yesterday at church we met a guy who is 27 and from China and he's here til June 3rd for school. He and Bro larson from our ward ride the same bus to A&M and they started talking about our church and Alex just invited himself to church how awesome is that! So they brought him yesterday and after church we had a meeting but he wanted to learn more so Bro Larson said just skip your meeting and ride over to our house and we'll eat lunch and you can teach him! So we did and it went awesome...he had a lot of questions and wants to know more so we are teaching him this saturday night and he's makng dinner, yum gotta love that real chinese food huh? I'm sure I'll get use to all this crazy food. But yeah he's so awesome I love talking to him! He reminds me so much of Nina it makesme miss her more! Oh and one investigator Yuanfa is from Wuhan mom isn't that cool? And he's been taking the discussions for awhile and has a testimony and he always comes to church but we've sorta got a problem with him. He's here getting his PHD and he's going to be a professor in China and he's part of the Communist Party so he's really scared to get baptized because he doesn't know what would happen to him over in China is they knew he was mormon, or really just Christian. But his girlfriend who he's going to marry is Christian and so is her family and they want him to be too. So mom I actually need a favor. Yuanfa has skype and we were thinking maybe he could talk to John about the Church and China and the consequences? Or just at the least he'll have someone in China that believes in the church and be able to relate with. So can I have John's skype address and can you let him know Yuan Fa Tan is going to be skypin him? Let me know if you don't think that's a good idea but I think it'd help a ton because he's so close and I know he'll be a big help in the church opening in China whether he gets baptized here or later. Anyways so everything is going really awesome there is 6 of us in a district. Elder Hiatt is from Vale oregon which is pretty close to Ontario I guess. Elder Beck is from Murietta California and he plays football for BYU and he's been out about a year. Elder Olive is from Salt Lake and Hawaii and both him and Beck are polynesian, well beck is half but yeah so they go on comp exchanges every p day cause they like eachother a lot haha. And then Elder Clark is from Twin Falls and him and Beck are the ZL's and Olive is the DL. They are way awesome and great missionaries. The day after wegot here, all of us newbies and our comps and Pres and Sis Hansen went to the Houston Temple and did a session it was so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment