Monday, June 29, 2009

big week

Soooo crazy it's already Monday again! This past week went really well and we had the oppurtunity to meet many people and see lives change as they embrace the gospel a little more at a time. There was one investigator they had about a month before I got here so like 3 months ago, he was super eager to learn and just had that real desire to know the truth and then his wife just did not want to learn anything more and was hostile towards any of it and it caused arguments between him and her and then he called the sisters and told them the situation and asked what he should do like if he should sneak out and learn more or what and I guess Sister Cook got scared by that cause she said if you come to church we know you want to learn more. well he never went to church so they dropped him and wouldn't stop by and that was that. But Sis Lieber always thought about him and finally after a dinenr appointment she was like we need to call JC and the next day she called him and it happened to be his birthday and she was the only one to call him on his birthday and he thought that's why she called. But anyways he still had so many questions and wanted to learn more and the whole thing a couple months before was a big misunderstanding because he felt like since his family wasn't interested they were like okay nevermind this church is for families so we are not going to teach you anymore and the sisters just didn't want to cause marital problems. Nevertheless though we met with him Saturday Night and the Elders taught with us and it was an awesome lesson and he was sooo scared to come to church I think because he felt intimidated by lots of people and he didn't know what his wife would say but he promised he'd come and JC's promises are sure promises. So he came and had a ton of questions is Gospel doctrine and really liked Elder's Quorum and just lvoed church and we are meeting with him Tuesday Night! So yeah it's really awesome and I have just never seen someone so confused and just wants to know the truth and I have no doubt the Heavenly Father will help him gain that testimony he needs to take the next steps in his life towards returning to him. That was just one great story from the week, there was a ton but I don't have time to tell all of them nor do you want to read a novel I'm sure. Although we played Tennis with Yuanfa and he brought his 2 friends and one came and played tennis while sis lieber and yuanfa and his other friend played bball and Hong and I got talking and he's atheist and he believes in all of the Science stuff and that the earth just magically appeared or something I'm not sure but I asked him what he thought happened to us when we died and he said well that's it. We are like trees...we grow up live for a while and then die. We talked for an hour and I taught him parts of the restoration and the plan of salvation and I said Hong I know that there is a God and he is your Father. And he does love you, and he'll tell you that if you will pray. The conversation ended with him saying he would try to pray and the next night I gave him a Book of Mormon. He wasn't home so I gave it to Yuanfa cause they are roommates and we had a lesson with Yuanfa and Yuanfa said that guy doesn't believe in God!! I said I know but he deserves to know about god and the Book Of Mormon will enlighten his mind and increase his understanding so give it to him and invite him to church and he was soo scared to invite him to church it was so cute! But we had just taught him about Faith vs. Fear so we told him just have faith we don't want to see fear in your eyes! So anyways on sunday after sacrament meeting he came up to me and said Sister Davis I invited Hong to Church! I said yeah what did he say? and then he said that Hong said he didn't want to go to church but he would try to read the book of mormon. Yuanfa was so excited about his missionary moment I loved it! And it was just another seed planted which in due time will start to swell and bloom. Yuanfa is going to convert all of China before the church even opens up over there! Seriously he's awesome! Okay I have to stop writing but I am going to try and attach pictures! Love you all!!
Sis Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment