Monday, July 20, 2009

Singing in the Rain!

So we got rain this week...twice!!! That above everything else, made it the best week ever! It's crazy though because when it rains here it pours and the little streams rise up so high and it floods really easy. Anyways I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Sorensen and she is from Idaho falls! I guess they like to keep the Idahoans together! She is an English Major at BYU and she's a wonderful missionary and I'm lucky to have her as my companion. We were able to do some tracting this week which has been awhile but it's always good to let a new missionary experience the awkwardness of door approaches. These ones weren't too bad...had a couple of them without shirts on but no fully naked people like Elder Hiatt's Greenie had to deal with on his first door so that's always a plus! She set up two appointments while we were tracting so she's on her way to training next transfer already! People really are pretty open to listening here...and even if they don't want to learn mroe they are nice for the most part. We have a great week ahead of us with some appointments and lots of potentials to contact so it is going to be busy busy but that's the only way to be and then you forget how tired you are! We have a new ward mission leader and he's soo awesome!! He's so excited about it and he's very hands on which we needed! He's got great ideas about incorporating preach my gospel with member lessons to involve the members mroe and bring in more referrals. I don't have that much to say this week because we were in houston for a couple days with the rest of the trainers and their companions but that was a wonderful time. I'm so lucky to be on a mission I don't know how I got here, but it's the best place to be and I just don't ever want to be released. If it wasn't for my family I probably wouldn't be! Thank you so much for everything you all do and teh support you give me, it means a ton. I know that the Lord is at the head of this church and as we are exactly obedient in the commandments we have been given, both as a whole and individually within our callings, we will surely be blessed and have no need to fear about anything to come. Love you!
Sis Davis

1 comment:

  1. Mom, I am so glad you did this for Caitlin. She is such a great missionary and she is going to love having this for a keepsake.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete